Dear WCC Family and Friends-
I want to thank those who were able to join us for our recent congregational meeting brainstorming our “assets” and pairing the assets with ideas for our fellowship to use those talents and gifts to spread our joy within the community. The Sharing Our Future Together in Christ group will be summarizing this information and sending it out to all of you for additional thoughts. Thanks to TGIF for sharing your wonderful “cooking” talents with us! As always, the food was great!
Additionally, I’d like to keep you all informed on some items and give some thanks:
1. Recent winds took out a branch above the church sign–thanks to Property and Grounds for removing it quickly and the town of Wendell for picking up the debris today!
2. If any of you or your family and friends are in need of contact by our pastor or an elder, please let us know. The Elder’s names and contact information are in the bulletin weekly. Click here to contact an Elder through email.
3. We have some Wendell Christian Church t-shirts available for $10 each-please contact Virginia Mora for sizes.
4. Our Martha’s Compassion box is in desperate need of items. It was full as of Friday and this morning, it was almost empty. The weekends seem to be the high traffic time for items. Remember personal hygiene items, as well as food, are needed. DO NOT put perishable items in the box. You can deliver the items to the church in the end room inside near the compassion box or put them directly in the box.
5. There will be a Board meeting Wednesday, August 10th at 7:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall.
6. We need 3 more names for the Nominating Committee. Thanks to those who have volunteered already. Please contact me ASAP by replying to this email or by phone or text at 919-210-7731.
Remember to keep those on our prayer list in your prayers. Stay cool and hydrated.
In Christian love,