Dear Wendell Christian Church Family,
We are all being told to practice Social Distancing. This does not mean we have to experience Social Isolation. The Church Board decided, as have the other churches, that we will not meet together for worship at the sanctuary until the directives from our State and Federal leadership changes. BUT, We love one another and will find ways to be together. We want to be aware of how we are doing, hold one another in prayer, and respond to any needs as we are able. Here are things we can do and things we will try as the Holy Spirit helps us be the Church during this time.
- Take some time to be still, breathe deep, and listen to the Spirit. Psalm 46 has been helping me these days. Read it slow and let the Spirit of our Loving Christ embrace your soul.
- Use our phones. I want to encourage you to call the people you love more than normal. I know many of us are also trying to keep doing the work that needs to be done but let’s encourage one another more often.
- Today (Thursday) our Elders will be planning on contacting everyone in our directory regularly. You should get a phone call before Sunday. They simply want to know how you and your loved ones are doing and help us all know the Love of the Church family.
- We are working to use technology (phones and computers) to have a way to gather together even while we stay safe and follow the guidelines about gathering. We did a test of using an online platform called Zoom yesterday at 2 PM. We had 12 people participate. Craig Hilliard joined us from New York! I was also on a call using Zoom with 28 other Disciples of Christ ministers last night where we shared what we are using to be together. Zoom was recommended as the best. I have an account with Zoom for my work so it will not cost WCC to use it. We can host up to 100 people. You will see invites in your email and if you are having trouble learning to use it, let the Elders know. You can join using your phone or your computer. WE WILL LEARN TO DO THIS! I heard some great stories from the churches that starting using Zoom last week.
- Those of us in leadership will be sending along updates through email and the phone calls from the Elders. Please remember to reach out to us in leadership when we can be of any help.
I am sending Love and Prayer as we do this together with the help of our Lord!